PR Intern, Corporate & Public Affairs
SPSOLU is looking for an intern to support our Corporate team. Edelman internships are 3-6 month paid internships open to recent graduates, designed to propel your career in public relations and digital marketing in the ever-changing arena of communications. The intern must be able to work effectively with a variety of account service staff within a specific set of accounts.
The Intern is responsible for assisting with implementing and monitoring projects within a specific set of accounts under the direction of the supervisor. They work closely with and supports the needs of the account teams. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of the principles of PR.
• Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of clients’ business and industry trends.
• Participate in brainstorms when invited by the supervisor.
• Identify and analyze media coverage across print, broadcast and online resources.
• Support media relations efforts, including developing media lists, drafting pitches and long form content, creating coverage reports and pitching media under the direction of the supervisor.
• Support client announcements and launches to possibly include, but not limited to, event planning, media relations, community and stakeholder engagement.
• Use social media as tools to monitor for industry trends, report on PR results and identify industry influencers;
• Conduct and compile research for new business opportunities, clients, etc.
• Basic understanding of tools to support research and media list development (Cision, Factiva, Critical Mention, etc.).
• Intern candidates must have interest in the public relations field and possess good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with others.
• Have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or a related field.
• Maintain an understanding of AP Style.
• You must have strong organizational and time .management skills and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines.
• You must have a keen eye for detail.
• You must have solid knowledge of MS Office Suite and superior verbal and written communication skills.
• You must demonstrate the ability to become a strong writer.
About our internship program:
• We have 1-2 interns for each practice area at any given time.
• The duration of the internship is a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months.
• Interns are paid $15.00 per hour, plus overtime when approved by management.
• Most of our interns are post-graduates and work a full-time schedule.
Public Relations and Communications Assistant – Entry Level
We have an immediate need for a Public Relations and Communications Assistant to join a rapidly growing team. Our rapidly-growing promotional marketing company, applies a customer-friendly, direct, results-driven approach to marketing research and sales. As a result of proven success and expertise, new clientele is continuously added as we dramatically increase clients’ product exposure, sales and brand recognition.
There is a high demand for customer service oriented, and cost-effective services. This leading retail marketing firm provides advertising, marketing, and public relations campaigns for burgeoning companies and break out products/services. The Public Relations and Communications Assistant will work closely on performance-driven campaigns with high profile clients who consistently look for innovative strategies to drive their company and respective brands forward and increase their bottom line.
• Managing and executing projects as assigned by the Marketing Manager.
• Working with the Marketing Manager and key accounts to integrate PR campaigns with customer promotions.
• Coordinating in-store service events and maintaining successful operation.
• Building relationships with customers and communicating promotional services.
• Working with the Marketing Manager to develop and refine measurement strategies for PR campaigns.
• Development of promotional marketing materials and visual merchandising.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers and retail event personnel.
• Keeping accurate and timely record of event traffic, production, and inventory.
• Identifying new opportunities and efficiency innovations.
• Position will be considered for senior campaign management roles based on performance.
Talented and hardworking individuals who are looking to start their career with a growing company. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong organizational and leadership abilities.
Not sure if you’re qualified? Relax! No experience is necessary for the Public Relations and Communications Assistant – Entry Level. Comprehensive training and development is provided to ensure every team member can be successful in a career path with the company. College graduates, interns, and candidates looking for a career change are welcome!
• College degree or in the process of completion preferred.
• 0-2 years’ experience in public relations, communications, marketing, sales OR internship in related field an asset.
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal & written.
• Ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Level headed problem solver with a professional, service-oriented attitude
• Superb organizational and tracking skills with great attention to detail.
• Adaptable, dependable and responsible.
• Basic understanding of public relations, communications, and marketing concepts and sales strategy.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Operating Hours： Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm